Congratulations on your brand new little bundle of joy! The journey of welcoming a newborn baby comes with great happiness as well as many unknowns. Along with your preparation for the new baby, you need to remember a few important items for yourself! This new mom checklist page has recommendations for important products that will ensure that you get off on the right foot as a new mother.
Just below you will find the things that all mothers to be should have at home for the first few weeks with their new baby. These accessories are intended to make your life a little bit easier. However, always remember that you and your love are the only things that your baby truly needs to grow and flourish!
(However, they won’t let your baby leave the hospital without a car seat.)
New Mom Checklist of Essentials
- 1-2 comfortable nursing bras
- 1 sleep bra to take to the hospital
- Postpartum bath herbs
- Modified lanolin and a pack of Soothies gel breast pads for sore nipples
- Disposable underwear for the first few days postpartum
- Big box of extra long maxi pads for locchia
- Comfortable nursing nightgown or cotton pajamas
- A postpartum support belt and scar healing cream for c-section mothers
Other Good Ideas
- Pick out your photo birth announcements
- Make a belly cast for a great memories
If you need more help in preparing for your newborn in addition to the New Mom Checklist, check our comprehensive new baby checklist.